Saturday, January 19, 2013

new year, new stuff.

So this year, we celebrated NYE a bit differently than in years past...which we knew would be the case. At this point we had been in Lake City for 5 days. Clay began looking up places around town with different dinner options & specials and we decided on the place below, The Players Club. Yeah, it doesn't sound like a restaurant AT ALL right?  

When we pulled in the parking lot, there were two men on motorized wheelchairs speeding off through the lot and going across the street. I guess it doubled as their car? What I couldn't capture was what this place looked like inside. When we walked in, the DJ was blasting all kids of tunes and there was a car in the middle of the entrance (on a platform for a raffle of some sort...) surrounded by internet gaming stations on all sides. We realized instantly that this was going to be an epic people watching scene. There were outfits of all kinds: camo, sequins, neon T-shirts, Canadian tuxedos, etc. Just use your imagination for the most awesome NYE outfits and I can assure you that someone was wearing it that night.

Happy New Year!
We ordered the two specials for the night, pictured below. They were SO good...stuffed beef tenderloin and filet topped with crab. 

Clay's stuffed beef tenderloin & garlic mashed potatoes
My filet with crab meat & garlic mashed potatoes
As for other adventures shortly after the New Year, we had our very first washer/dryer set delivered to the house! My parents got these for us for Christmas/my birthday/housewarming/lots of things in the future and we are loving them! 


Clay and I also bought a new TV stand from Target. When we went to Gainesville with my parents, we found one that was marked down but they were out of stock. I checked online and found that we could get an additional 10% off!  SOLD.  It came about a week later and we put it together one night before dinner.

before...
almost done...(we were too busy for the "during" moments)
finished!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post thus far!!! I'm jealous, we don't have anything close to a Players Club :) at least the food was good!!

    ReplyDelete