Sunday, January 6, 2013

Moving Day

Ready or not, here we come.

Thursday the 27th was quite possibly the longest day of my life. We started bright and early because Clay had to be in Jacksonville by 5:00 to go by our rental office and get the keys to our house (or we would have to resort to plan B...again.) Other than that, there was no deadline to be there. Clay drove his car and dad {thankfully} drove the UHAUL + little guy.

Dad's sweet ride for the day. 
Mom and I still had to go back and quickly clean our old place & turn in the keys before we could get started. And did I mention drug the cats and get them in their cage? That wasn't so easy.  I drove my packed car and mom drove the van with Cheeto and Chester.  We headed out of town around 11 am and quickly had to stop about 30 minutes later due to the cats flipping out.  Mom is really good at {forcefully} giving them medicine so we were back on the highway in no time.  

Our day was basically a lot of stopping to eat/stretch, checking on and giving more medicine to the cats, calling dad and Clay for updates, getting stuck in I-95 traffic for hours, calling friends and family to help pass the time, etc.  Clay made it to the office and got our keys {success}, my dad arrived around 5:30/6:00, and we arrived around 9:30.  What a day!  My parents definitely got the worst end of the deal and we can't thank them enough! 


No comments:

Post a Comment