Saturday, May 31, 2014

IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!

What is meant to be will find a way. Everything happens for a reason. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Whatever the quotes and scriptures may be, they have so much meaning to our lives right now at this very moment.

Clay's new job has allowed us to pay off both of our student loans ENTIRELY. We have made some strong friendships that will last us a lifetime. We have also been fortunate enough to find a new hobby that we both enjoy fully: kayaking. 

I have found a new calling in my career and have been accepted to the University of Florida for Educational Leadership with a Principal certification! Never in a million years would I have thought that a) I would be pursuing an administration degree and b) I would be getting my Masters degree from UF. Here's another amazing thing about my degree at UF: because I have interns (I'm a mentor teacher to UF students) I get vouchers that are worth 6 credits for every semester I have student teachers! The vouchers end up paying for a HUGE chunk of my courses so why not go back and get another degree, right? It's a 2 year program so I start this fall and will be finishing in the spring of 2016. I will be taking 6 credit hours (2 classes) each semester which is basically 2 night classes every week from 5-8 pm.

We celebrated with some sparkling wine & of course I personalized our glasses!
 



The next day at school, my sweet coworkers Katie and Michelle die cut a TON of gators and sprinkled them all over my desk and got me cookies!
 

 
GO GATORS!

 
So of course a week after I got accepted, Clay was already encouraging
 me to apply for student football tickets, which I did. :)
 
I can only hope my blog posts will be this cheery after classes start!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jenni! Stopped by to say hello and to say I got your card. I had a good time going through all of those papers and getting them to former students. Of course I pass your parents' home every school day. I was a bit sad this past Thursday as I passed by for the last time as a full-time teacher. After 39 years there, it will be a bit different not getting up and going to school.
    Congratulations on all your success. Life is treating you very well. We are big Florida Gators softball fans...watched them win the championship this year. Keep in touch. I'll bookmark your blog. Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete