Sunday, February 16, 2014

DIY YO!

I did it. I finally attempted a Pinterest craft and had MAJOR success.
It turned out way better than I had imagined.
 
Let's start at the beginning. So our bedroom wall above our bed has been blank since we moved in. A year ago. Yes. I've been waiting for that moment where something would strike me as the perfect addition to our bedroom that explains US and would make me smile every time I looked at it.  I had that moment and it was awesome. I had pinned a ton of ideas about "home" wall art and combined several ideas into my own creation.
 
All it took was painters tape, black craft paint, craft glue, 2 canvases, 1 frame, NC and FL state silhouettes, lyrics printout, and 4 sheets of glitter scrapbook paper. 
 


boom. diy done!
 




 
Now on to the day we finally bought grown up furniture. My parents gave us Christmas money for this purpose and we headed to IKEA to load up.  We desperately needed nightstands and a large dresser. It really wasn't bad to put together - we heard mixed reviews but our experience was completely painless.  And we love it. Cant wait to buy more!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment